topleft topright
CIOZone Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:What is the best Wireless WAN data plan? (1 viewing) (1) Guest

Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:What is the best Wireless WAN data plan?
What is the best Wireless WAN data plan? 6 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
I really would like to explore the WWAN options we have available now. I tether thru ATT, and with the new pricing that they have put in place, I am really not happy. Every vendor has its own WWAN option, but which is cost effective? fast? etc?
I use it for more than just email. I send documents, log into servers, etc. I use about 5-7Gig per month.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:What is the best Wireless WAN data plan? 6 Years ago Karma: 0  
Well I don't know where you are but in the RTP area we have clear as a 4G alternative which is relatively cheap (compared with other broadband plans), it also links in with the Sprint 3G network which still offers unlimited data options. Sprint also has cheaper voice plans than AT&T and I am not unhappy with my move yet (recently moved from ATT to Sprint), and the Evo is just beautiful.

-sean

I have not gone to the Sprint path and 4G as of yet. I do like the WWAN + Router approach though. I need to pay for only one plan, and I can share that among all of my mobile devices. The only issue I have with Sprint is their network – they don’t have good coverage. Are you seeing any problems with coverage?

Well allot about their coverage issues is hype from the other carriers. Keep in mind that Sprint has a roaming agreement with Verizon which has the largest network. This roaming is also included with the Sprint unlimited plans, so no extra costs are associated.

-sean

Re:What is the best Wireless WAN data plan? 6 Years ago Karma: -1  
Note that the Clear plan offers unlimited 4G, but a 5GB limit when you use 3G. So you have to be more aware of the kind of traffic you're generating. Living in a 4G area, we bought a 4G device to use as a temporary Access Point until we could extend our LAN to a new building. The speed was very impressive, and very stable. We were quite happy with it.

I must say that I hear lots about Sprint’s lack of coverage. I had Sprint years back, but things obviously never stay the same. Tethering is very important to me; laptop, handheld device, etc... I think a 4G router is the way to go.

Go to top Post Reply