topleft topright
CIOZone Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
MS Wins Big in Cloud Business (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: MS Wins Big in Cloud Business
Re:MS Wins Big in Cloud Business 5 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0  
While I had not seen this product in the first place, it does seem like an odd area for Cisco to jump into against the other existing competition. I would like to see Cisco stick in the areas they excel at and let these services to the other players.

-sean

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:MS Wins Big in Cloud Business 5 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0  
Microsoft's deep pockets and distribution clout are hard to beat long-term. It can be done, as, say, QuickBooks and Google demonstrate, but you have to have truly outstanding products and near-fanatical market support. In a relatively new market like the one for enterprise cloud solutions, Microsoft should do very well.

Re:MS Wins Big in Cloud Business 5 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0  
It would make sense to me to have Cisco partner up with one of these other companies that are more known for these type soft services, like MS, Google or maybe Amazon?. Time will tell, I am interested to see in which direction that Cisco goes from here.

-sean

Re:MS Wins Big in Cloud Business 5 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: -1  
Lets not forget about the late comer to the cloud Verizon. Communications management in the cloud - goodby to those phone switches on-site in you offices.. You can read about it here

Re:MS Wins Big in Cloud Business 5 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 6  
The cloud-based email offering really did seem to be out of Cisco's sweet spot. They want to take a leadership position in the cloud space, but I think this decision shows they're trying to be a little more thoughtful about picking how and where they'll compete.

It still must have been a difficult decision to pull the plug - Cisco spent $215 million to acquire PostPath, the technology behind Cisco Mail.

Mel Duvall
Editor, CIOZone
Re:MS Wins Big in Cloud Business 4 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0  
Microsoft is adding more and more of its key applications to the cloud. Microsoft and got into a media-fueled match regarding the federal security requirements and certification of other company's products.Microsoft supports the email service, in which messages are stored and archived in Microsoft data centers, that impressed San Francisco.

Computer parts

Go to top Post Reply