topleft topright
CIOZone Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:If ROI Wasn’t the Driving Concern ... (1 viewing) (1) Guest

Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:If ROI Wasn’t the Driving Concern ...
If ROI Wasn’t the Driving Concern ... 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3  
There’s no doubt that return on investment has always been -- and will always be -- a major concern for an organization, which is as it should be. But it’s clear to all that the current environment has made ROI a more immediate and pressing concern. Spending on IT without the promise of a quick payoff? Not likely.

Now, I doubt very much that there are CIOs and IT managers out there who would condone throwing money on keen new technology that isn’t going to save their company money -- or increase efficiency – somewhere down the line. But if quick ROI became less of a enterprise-wide priority tomorrow, how would it affect your IT priorities? Would BI and virtualization still be the be-all-and-end-all? Or would you turn toward mobility initiatives, security, bolstering your staff, or finally buying some new hardware?

In other words, money is less of an object. So where do you spend it?

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
scarr ()
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:If ROI Wasn’t the Driving Concern ... 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0  
I put a larger percentage of my budget into training and cross training my staff to make sure their skills are current and they are all able to multitask and take on more responsibility during their tenure with me. Server virtualization is also a growing source of corporate investment.

Re:If ROI Wasn’t the Driving Concern ... 6 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2  
I'm no IT leader but if I were, I would dream of a world where companies didn't measure results in quarters because, as IT leaders know, technology implementation doesn't manifest payoff on such a schedule. So if I had the ROI burden lifted, I would probably focus more attention to developing my staff and individual professional development. Beyond keeping their technology expertise current, I would work on programs that would show them where their work fits within the company and train them in conflict resolution and other communication-related skills.

Re:If ROI Wasn’t the Driving Concern ... 6 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0  
I try to allocate an increasing portion of my budget to employee retention, skill enhancement, and motivational techniques so that my staff knows how important their performance is and is in alignment with overall company objectives.

Re:If ROI Wasn’t the Driving Concern ... 6 Years ago Karma: -1  
I find the conversation of ROI and security a particularly interesting one, because there really is no ROI for security except that perhaps the network didn't suffer a breach, or suffered fewer than it would have otherwise. With ROI such a driving force these days, I feel for the CSOs who must try and justify their technology acquisitions to the numbers people.

Re:If ROI Wasn’t the Driving Concern ... 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0  
I find the conversation of ROI and security a particularly interesting one, because there really is no ROI for security except that perhaps the network didn't suffer a breach, or suffered fewer than it would have otherwise. With ROI such a driving force these days, I feel for the CSOs who must try and justify their technology acquisitions to the numbers people.

wedding dresses
wedding dress,
cheap wedding dress
designer wedding dresses
[URL=http://www.suzhoubridal.com/Wedding-Dresses-class349.html]plus size wedding dressesplus size wedding dresses[/URL

Go to top Post Reply