topleft topright
CIOZone Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Are E-books a Slower Read than Printed Ones? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Are E-books a Slower Read than Printed Ones?
ciony ()
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Are E-books a Slower Read than Printed Ones? 5 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1  
I logged some substantial time on a Kindle DX last week and have to say I enjoyed the experience. I still think multi-functional tablets will supplant the current dedicated e-readers, but the Kindle is a nice waypoint on that evolutionary path.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Are E-books a Slower Read than Printed Ones? 5 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0  
I don't find this all that surprising, when it comes down to reading the books that I read (technical), I always prefer paper books. I only use electronic copies of these books as a reference and really don't read anything else.

euro wedding dresses
plus size wedding dresses
prom dress
color wedding dresses
tea length bridesmaid dresses

I am moving towards a DX as well --- I wish it was color, but it think that it would be too much to ask. I have one question to ask the designers though: why can’t they provide at least one flash drive (SD, microSD, etc)? I don’t get that.

I think the new generation might not have very long with paper books. I know Amazon is now selling more ebooks than paper books.

However, something even more telling is that I have a friend who has enrolled his boy in a private school. That school requires him to purchase a tablet pc, and subscribe to an online textbook library. All his homework is done on the tablet. All his books are online. He isn't using paper at all, that I know of.

It's in the private schools now, but I bet by the time my 1 yr old is in Middle School, most schools will be paperless in this fashion.

-- CharlesB

Re:Are E-books a Slower Read than Printed Ones? 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 6  
I see Borders has reduced the price of two of its e-readers below $100. Clearly the bookstore chain is worried about losing market share to the likes of Amazon and, in the future, Apple.

I think e-Readers are going to be a huge hit this Christmas as prices continue to get slashed.

Mel Duvall
Editor, CIOZone
ciony ()
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Are E-books a Slower Read than Printed Ones? 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1  
Something I hadn't appreciated until very recently is the growing catalog of e-books available for download from the public library, at least in the NY Public Library. This is not an asset for Kindle owners however as it seems that only the Nook/Sony/Kobo readers support the DRM EPUB/PDF format provided.

Go to top Post Reply