topleft topright
CIOZone Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:HP Joining the tablet wars? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:HP Joining the tablet wars?
HP Joining the tablet wars? 5 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 7  
Rumors suggest HP is about to announce a new tablet.

They have some technology in this area already..

HP showed off a tablet computer which serves as a control panel for its new printer. The tablet browses the Web and can be used as an e-reader. It has a 7-inch screen and can be easily connected to HP's PhotoSmart eStation all-in-one printer. It can be used to move and print documents and images from multiple media devices and can also be used to exchange content between the devices. The display is a larger version of the 3.5-inch control panel screens on HP's earlier Web-connected printers.

Is there room for more competition in the Tablet space?

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:HP Joining the tablet wars? 5 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  
Absolutely. iPad may be the strongest product, but it's not an Android tablet. In that space the game is up for grabs and it's clearly going to be a big part of the game, maybe even bigger than Apple's share.

Re:HP Joining the tablet wars? 5 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  
Well, HP was the original iPad hardware provider if recall correctly. Rumors have it that Apple and HP had a blow out where HP couldn't work with Apple no longer (surprised?) and they went their separate ways. This story has some truth in it as HP was the first vendor to announce a tablet – showcased by Microsoft in fact – which looked very close to iPad.

Re:HP Joining the tablet wars? 5 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0  
Isn't this somewhat overdue? I have an HP iPaq in a drawer somewhere; it was great while it was useful but was long ago supplanted by a lightweight computer and a phone. Where did they drop the ball, and will they come back with the Pre?

Re:HP Joining the tablet wars? 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0  
I think all the vendors dropped the ball. iPad came out months ago, and the only competition is coming from some knock-off pad from China, which I bought. It has an unmodified cell-phone android OS on it. Very disappointed.

Re:HP Joining the tablet wars? 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0  
QUOTE:
I think all the vendors dropped the ball.

Indeed, the rumor mill is already churning with specs on the iPad 2, before any of the serious iPad competitors are even out of the gate. Samsung was boosting last week about 600,000 units of its 7-in Galaxy Tab selling worldwide in it's first month, but those numbers are nowhere near Apple's iPad launch, which started in April, while Samsung's first 30 days was during the run-up to the holiday shopping season. I personally don't thing the 7-in form factor will fare well head-to-head against the larger iPad, and when the next version that's lighter and boasts the Retina display of the iPhone 4 appears, the gap could get wider.

--Rob

Go to top Post Reply