topleft topright
CIOZone Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Are E-books a Slower Read than Printed Ones? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Are E-books a Slower Read than Printed Ones?
Re:Are E-books a Slower Read than Printed Ones? 5 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: -1  
I haven't tried reading an eBook yet, but I have a hard time imagining the experience would be better than a printed book. There's something about turning the pages in a book or sifting through the pages of a book you've read in the past that I don't imagine translate well in the electronic world. Plus if you're toting around, say, War and Peace, everyone knows that you've embarked on a serious literary expedition - no one knows what eBook you're reading!

However I do realize the convenience and good economics of eReaders, so I'm sure my arcane views on the topic will fade eventually...

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Are E-books a Slower Read than Printed Ones? 5 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0  
I agree, but mainly due to the fact that I like to take notes on my books. Highlight or make comments on what the author wrote, etc… I imagine that for non-fiction books, many have similar views. I am willing to try an interactive and more touch-friendly ebook reader.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply