topleft topright
CIOZone Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Connie Burke - Communications Manager, General Motors (1 viewing) (1) Guest

Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Connie Burke - Communications Manager, General Motors
Connie Burke - Communications Manager, General Motors 5 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  

ViewProfile

Do you have a question for Connie Burke or care to comment or discuss her video
interview? Please post them below. For private comments you can email Connie
directly from her profile link above.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2010/08/23 10:18 By KGB.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Connie Burke - Communications Manager, General Motors 5 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  
Connie -- welcome to CIO Profiles & Perspectives! It was most interesting hearing you speak at the Corporate Social Media Summit in New York and I'm delighted that you were able to spend a few minutes speaking with me about social media at General Motors. I urge our members to watch your interview.

Our P&P forum gives our members an opportunity to converse with you directly -- providing a unique way to get up-to-the-minute insights from real practitioners, not just journalists and so-called "experts". I'm looking forward to the conversation!

Again, welcome Connie.

Re:Connie Burke - Communications Manager, General Motors 5 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hello Connie and welcome to the site. I was interested to see what GM was doing with social media outside of marketing and sales. Do you have any ongoing research into how these technologies can be used to help the consumer once the product has been purchased (i.e. service). For example, is there a method to research common problems or to talk with a service adviser through these media types to find quicker resolution to problems whether through making an appointment at a dealership or just checking the fluids?

-sean

Thanks Roger and Sean for the warm welcome.
Regarding social media at GM other than sales & marketing - absolutely! Some months ago, our customer service dept began scouring Twitter, Facebook and some targeted blogs to look for questions, concerns, etc. In fact, we have at least 6 reps dedicated to doing just that (you can follow them on Twitter: @GMCustomerSvc).
While not every issue can be solved, I believe they are moving the needle and making every effort to ensure that our customers are in the GM family for life.
It is most certainly a new day and a "new GM" in many respects, and the power of social media is recognized by senior leaders. You can also follow our president of North America, Mark Reuss, on Twitter: @GMDudeinNA

Our various brand Facebook fan pages are also another good source to go to with common issues or questions. We monitor that very closely.

Finally - with OnStar, you can avoid most regular service issues - OnStar will send you a monthly email that will detail diagnostics such as oil life, tire pressure and airbags, among many others. It's like getting an email from your vehicle!
Thanks for your inquiry. Great to be part of the CIOZone community.

Connie

Re:Connie Burke - Communications Manager, General Motors 4 Years ago Karma: 0  
For enhanced firewall protection, it's hard to beat free ZoneAlarm. Many people who get this as a free download and use it together with one of the top free antivirus programs, feel that they have complete protection. But even the best anti-virus can sometimes fail when it comes to spyware and Trojans. I've already mentioned some of the harm that spyware can do. Free Ad-Aware from Lavasoft, and free Spywareblaster are top-rated free anti-spyware programs. Spywareblaster doesn't just remove spyware, it also prevents it from being installed on your computer.

Go to top Post Reply