topleft topright
CIOZone Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Dr. Michael Meskes, Founder/CEO, credativ GMBH (Germany, UK, Canada, USA) (1 viewing) (1) Guest

Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Dr. Michael Meskes, Founder/CEO, credativ GMBH (Germany, UK, Canada, USA)
Dr. Michael Meskes, Founder/CEO, credativ GMBH (Germany, UK, Canada, USA) 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0  

ViewProfile

Do you have a question for Michael Meskes or care to comment or discuss his video
interview? Please post them below. For private comments you can email Michael
directly from his profile link above.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2010/07/26 12:24 By KGB.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Dr. Michael Meskes, Founder/CEO, credativ GMBH (Germany, UK, Canada, USA) 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0  
Michael - welcome to the CIOZone! I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation which we recorded at your HQ in Mönchengladbach, Germany (please don't ask me to say that 3 times fast!) I urge all of our members interested in open source to click the video window above and view our conversation.

Given your very deep and long experience in open source operating systems and applications (credativ established in 1999) at an ENTERPRISE level, it was extremely interesting to hear your insightful comments.

I'm looking forward to some lively discussion with our members. Thanks for taking the time to interact personally -- it's a real treat to have an expert of your caliber on this Forum.

- Roger

p.s. I know that Joe Conway (President of credativ USA) has been an active participant on our more tecchnical forums - thanks Joe!

Last Edit: 2010/07/25 13:24 By rlgreen.
Re:Dr. Michael Meskes, Founder/CEO, credativ GMBH (Germany, UK, Canada, USA) 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0  
Roger - thanks for your time and an interesting conversation. I'm looking forward to the discussions.

Michael

Very interesting interview, Michael. One point you made that caught my attention was that 'cost' of open source may not be as important to a company as how well the functions map to their requirements. We've all been down the road where we have to change our business processes to work with a particular commercial software package and I've never liked that too much. Can you give us a couple of examples where open source provided a valid alternative and how that worked out over time/upgrades etc? Does this become a big burden to maintain?

Thanks again for your calm and rational observations about open source!

scarr ()
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Dr. Meskes a d Roger Green, I enjoyed the interview.. It is amazing how far open source service organizations have come in the last couple of years.

Dr. Meskes can you share with me the price points for purchasing a service level support agreement with your organization? Do you sell support by the incident or by hour or my the month or year?

Thanks

KGB ()
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Very interesting interview!

Michael, I did have a question regarding your comment around the 4-minute mark, when you talk about how credativ attempts to give functionality back to the community... unless a company resists and has a, "no we paid for that, it's ours"-type philosophy.

I am just curious as to (approximately) what percentage of companies you work with are reluctant to contribute back to the community? Has the percentage of companies that think this way decreased with time?

Personally, I think it's rather silly that a company would attempt to keep their "exclusivity" over additional functions, but that's just me. But of course I suppose the other issue here is that sometimes the custom work you do for a company is too specific to be useful to the community as a whole anyhow?

Go to top Post Reply