topleft topright
CIOZone Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Todd Christy, President/CTO Pyxis Mobile (1 viewing) (1) Guest

Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Todd Christy, President/CTO Pyxis Mobile
Todd Christy, President/CTO Pyxis Mobile 5 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  

ViewProfile

Do you have a question for Todd Christy or care to comment or discuss his video
interview? Please post them below. For private comments you can email Todd
directly from his profile link above.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2010/06/02 09:11 By KGB.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Todd Christy, President/CTO Pixis Mobile 5 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
Todd - Welcome to the CIOZone! I greatly enjoyed our conversation at WES 2010, the Blackberry/RIM conference for Enterprise customers.

Toolkits - such as those from Pyxis Mobile - that make it easy for enterprises to take advantage of the features and functions of the Blackberry platform in supportable and extensible ENTERPRISE-grade applications are not that common. I'm looking forward to the conversation between you and our CIOZone members.

Again, welcome aboard P&P!

Last Edit: 2010/06/02 05:25 By rlgreen.
Re:Todd Christy, President/CTO Pixis Mobile 5 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
Thanks for including me on this one, Roger. We're certainly passionate about enterprise mobility. We're in the middle of the mobile application wave, and have some exciting new capabilities coming out next month.

Re:Todd Christy, President/CTO Pyxis Mobile 5 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3  
Hi Todd,

Great interview thanks for the insight into mobilizing enterprise applications. I am planning the development of a mobile app for the IT audience that will bring together in a dashboard many of the key resources that will enable the developer or systems administrator to operate effectively from their handheld device when on the road.

Can you please tell me a bit about how to get started and what are the licensing fees associated with the deployment of such an application. I assume there is an IDE and then a per seat or end user fee - is this correct?

Thanks

Re:Todd Christy, President/CTO Pyxis Mobile 5 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hi Bill - The dashboard scenario you describe is a common way to get started with a mobile business application. We have implemented lots of similar systems that provide IT with real-time visibility to server status, trouble ticket queues, inventory, account info, and other similar data.

Projects like this typically start with creating some quick wireframes to visualize your desired application, along with identifying the key systems that will power the app. You also want to determine which mobile devices you're targeting, and key requirements such as device integration (with email, camera, GPS, etc), offline needs, entitlements/workflow requirements, usage tracking & audit controls, etc. From there you want to pick an approach -- build (native on each platform, or mobile browser), buy (a vertical app that already does what you need), or configure (using a x-platform mobile system like ours). We would certainly advocate for the configure option, and Pyxis Mobile is a great option for this approach. We do provide an IDE (Application Studio) and mobile server which allow you to deliver x-platform mobile applications without coding. I am happy to discuss this topic further with you offline if you're interested. -- Todd

Re:Todd Christy, President/CTO Pyxis Mobile 5 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: -1  
Interesting depiction of the development process for a mobile app. It does seem to closely mimic a traditional development approach. I do find it encouraging that using your product one can deploy their app by using the studio application generator without the heavy lifting of coding.

I do see a proliferation of these types of apps in the IT in the IT industry and I suspect this is just the start. I am evaluating platforms currently and this is helpful.

Go to top Post Reply