topleft topright
CIOZone Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Mujib Lodhi, CIO, District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (1 viewing) (1) Guest

Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Mujib Lodhi, CIO, District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority
Mujib Lodhi, CIO, District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0  

Video Interview Part 2
ViewProfile

Do you have a question for Mujib Lodhi or care to comment or discuss his video
interview? Please post them below. For private comments you can email Mujib
directly from his profile link above.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2010/04/20 10:01 By KGB.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Mujib Lodhi, CIO, District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0  
Mujib, it was a pleasure interviewing you at PULSE 2010 - it was from you that I first heard the term "smart water". I know that CIOZone members will be intrigued by your comments in the video interview, and will have GALLONS of questions to ask you!

Thanks for participating in our Profiles & Perspectives Forum.

Re:Mujib Lodhi, CIO, District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0  
Roger- it was my pleasure- Enjoyed our discussion.

Mujib,

Very interesting interview - thanks for the insight into the use of IT within a utility.

Can you tell us more about the data warehouse behind the capture, storage and retrieval of all of that sensor data? It seems you must generate millions of readings and data records each day. Did you build a custom data warehouse to manage all of that data? Is is based on open source or is it an off the shelf solution?

Thanks

Re:Mujib Lodhi, CIO, District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1  
I found this to be a very interesting discussion. Mr. Lodhi, with water being more of a valued resource (especially drinkable water), do you invision a time when it will be less of a commodity item?

You mentioned your group operating like a private sector business operation and less like a big old-school government run utility. This makes sense to me especially when you look at the world's growing demand for portable water. Will there ever come a time when water is managed like electric bought and sold on an open market? Do you see a point when there will be more communities responding like D.C. to the needs of the communities they serve? Are there other examples of what is taking place in D.C. anywhere else in the country/world?

Re:Mujib Lodhi, CIO, District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 4  
I really like your view of measuring IT by how it contributes to the success of the business, rather than the standard IT service delivery model. However the reality in the private sector, perhaps more than the quasi-government sector, is a defined and provable ROI for most IT projects. On the conversion to Automated Meter Reading, approximately, what was you conversion spend and where did you derive your return - ie head count, capital equipment, more efficient management or product?

Also do you buy or build your analytic software?

Great and Refreshing interview!

Go to top Post Reply