topleft topright
CIOZone Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Gina Poole, IBM Software Group, VP of Marketing 2.0 (1 viewing) (1) Guest

Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Gina Poole, IBM Software Group, VP of Marketing 2.0
Re:Gina Poole, IBM Software Group, VP of Marketing 2.0 6 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 14  
Yes, that is a wonderful benefit for the junior employees. It levels the playing field for all employees when junior employees can teach senior employees.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Gina Poole, IBM Software Group, VP of Marketing 2.0 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 4  
Hi Gina - very interesting interview. My company is a major user of the Lotus Suite of products and license and host them in house. Are these services also available from IBM as a cloud service? If so what would be some of the possible methods of id verification and authentication. What I took away from your interview is a more professional version of social networking that is really more practical and efficient for those of us who wish to use these powerful tools productively.

Re:Gina Poole, IBM Software Group, VP of Marketing 2.0 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hello Gina,

I found your interview with Roger Green and IBM’s approach (both internally and externally) to social networking very interesting.

Your discussion on ROI in particular caught my attention, since we are all wrestling with how to capitalize on the "groundswell." In Part Two of your interview, you mention that you’re able to measure the ROI based on the amount of leads you receive and that building relationships is most important… that “listening” to the market is a form of ROI as well….

Based on the current economic climate and executives need to demonstrate performance to shareholders and employees … how accepting are IBM executives of this form of ROI?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Best,
Teresa

Re:Gina Poole, IBM Software Group, VP of Marketing 2.0 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hi Gina,
Great interview. Your comments about realizing and measuring ROI are very intriguing. I would like to ask a question about your focused approach to Social Networking.

Communication can be an effective tool for developers, but it could also derail the team to go off on the deep end. We have had many conversations amongst this group about the fact that social networking could become addictive. How can you create and manage an environment where you have all the goodness of Social Networking (i.e. communication) and not the bad features (i.e. chatter)?

regards,
Art

Re:Gina Poole, IBM Software Group, VP of Marketing 2.0 4 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hi Gina,
Not sure you've been responding lately to these posts (?); but, just having watched this video, I found your discussion of ROI on social media extremely interesting. I doubt you'd abdicate abandoning traditional methods of marketing a company (especially since you are with IBM), but it sounds like you are a big advocate of newer forms of media, like this site? Is this true? I don't see much of IBM around this site(?), or this discussion (?). Perhaps that is done with purpose? That is to say, I don't see much ohter than this interview along with your responses, and I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated your perspectives!
Best,
Sonny

Go to top Post Reply