topleft topright
CIOZone Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Gregory D'alsandre, Wave Product Manager, Google (1 viewing) (1) Guest

Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Gregory D'alsandre, Wave Product Manager, Google
gregd ()
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Gregory D'alsandre, Wave Product Manager, Google 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0  
rgarretson wrote:
QUOTE:
I'd be curious to know what sort of learning curve you've experienced, particularly with enterprises that are testing Wave. In the early 1990s I helped spearhead at my former employer our early adoption of Lotus Notes, which was, in its day, a fairly radical evolution of email into collaborative document creation/storage/management. I still have the scars.

--Rob

That is indeed one of the trickiest parts! We are currently working on some things that will help people get started in using Google Wave. Part of the reason we pre-launched in this preview state was to see how people used it. Now that we have a better sense for that, we are building more targeted features around that usage to make it easier to get waving. For now, we are finding better uptake when businesses start slowly and see how it works within their culture before rolling it out to a larger audience.

I've been working with bringing new technologies into businesses for 15 years and I know the scars of which you speak :) While those scars aren't fun, they are useful to act as a reminder that bringing new technologies into businesses is not just about the technology and how well it works, it is about the people and their usage of it.

With your experience I'd be interested if you try out Google Wave and have thoughts as to ways it can be brought into the enterprise.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Gregory D'alsandre, Wave Product Manager, Google 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0  
I look forward to checking it out, I am trying to get some of the other authors I work with to sign up and use it on some of my current projects to see how well it works in practice.

-sean

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply