topleft topright
CIOZone Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Ronald Lenz, Creative Director - 7Scenes (Netherlands) (1 viewing) (1) Guest

Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Ronald Lenz, Creative Director - 7Scenes (Netherlands)
Ronald Lenz, Creative Director - 7Scenes (Netherlands) 5 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  

ViewProfile

Do you have a question for Ronald Lenz or care to comment or discuss his video
interview? Please post them below. For private comments you can email Ronald
directly from his profile link above.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2010/08/02 10:50 By KGB.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Ronald Lenz, Creative Director - 7Scenes (Netherlands) 5 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
Ronald, it was most interesting meeting and chatting with you at the World Congress of IT which was recently held in Amsterdam. As you know, I was fascinated with the app-creation tool that 7Scenes has built. As you discuss in your interview, this tool makes it easy even for school-age kids to construct iPhone (and other smart phone) apps which mash up all kinds of information (photos, videos, text, etc with Google maps in real time.. One of the easiest to use geo-location and augmentation frameworks but very powerful.

I hope our members will take a look at your interview (which has a demo of the product and an example of how an actual app looks on the iPhone)and ask you questions about how it might apply to opportunities in their environments.

Thanks for participating in Profiles & Perspectives!

rlenz ()
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Ronald Lenz, Creative Director - 7Scenes (Netherlands) 5 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
Roger, thanks for the interview and interesting conversation at the WCIT recently.

Eager to hear from other mobilistas in the CIOZone about how they see future mobile scenarios!

Re:Ronald Lenz, Creative Director - 7Scenes (Netherlands) 5 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3  
Hi Ronald , thanks for the interesting interview. I see the value of having a mobile story telling platform. As a CIO I am always interested in taking a peak under the hood at various platforms and frameworks so that I can best understand how I may use them within my organization.

Did you build your framework on top of any existing open source platform?

If I want to create a chronological, scene based story that is tied to various geographic locations that many of my historical customers are located, what can I expect to pay to develop and deploy using your platform?

Thanks

rlenz ()
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Hi Bill,

We do work on top of some open source technologies such as Tomcat for instance.

Regarding costs we have some different subscription options: free - for personal use, organization and developer. A subscription for organizations starts from 300 euro/month to develop and publish three projects and you can expand your subscription when needed.

Can you tell me a bit about your background and where your interest comes from? Thanks!

Last Edit: 2010/07/20 16:27 By rlenz.
Go to top Post Reply