topleft topright
CIOZone Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Chris C. Kemp, CIO, NASA Ames Research Center (1 viewing) (1) Guest

Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Chris C. Kemp, CIO, NASA Ames Research Center
Chris C. Kemp, CIO, NASA Ames Research Center 6 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0  
Interview with Chris C. Kemp, CIO, NASA Ames Research Center

Video Interview Part 2
View Chris C. Kemp Profile

Do you have a question for Chris C. Kemp or care to comment or discuss his video interview? Please post them below. For private comments you can email Chris directly from his profile link above.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2010/02/24 14:03 By KGB.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Chris C. Kemp, CIO, NASA Ames Research Center 6 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1  
Chris, just watched the video and found it very interesting. When it comes to cloud computing and opensource formats you must have a really hard job just getting all the needed elements together for a project like Nebula. What are some of the biggest threats to your project currently? How do you get everyone within Government onboard with your project? In the private sector such a program would be difficult to pull off, it must be twice as hard in the public sector. No?

Last Edit: 2010/02/07 12:18 By JohnSane.
Re:Chris C. Kemp, CIO, NASA Ames Research Center 6 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 7  
Excellent interview, thanks Chris for taking the time to speak with us. I look forward to understanding how you plan to use the Nebula platform to help with data processing within your organization.

Re:Chris C. Kemp, CIO, NASA Ames Research Center 6 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hi Chris and thank you for such a great opportunity to gain insight on NASA and its technology vision and strategy. One question I hope you will answer is about your move from the startup/traditional IT business place into a government CIO role. What skills do other CIOs need to have or boost to make such a career decision? And a second quick followup is what is the most challenging aspect for a CIO in a federal agency role today?

Re:Chris C. Kemp, CIO, NASA Ames Research Center 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2  
Chris: Thanks for spending your time with us. I was struck by your comment that at NASA you tap into your entrepreneurial background and approach NASA projects as if they were start-ups. Later you talked about the expectation of the NASA CIO to be innovative and not simply provide the IT tools. In January, a Gartner consultant declared that the CIO of 2010 and beyond is entrepreneurial. On that score you're clearly a step ahead.

Qhen I started writing for CIOZone, I set up a Google news alert for "chief information officer." Over many months I've noticed that a noticeable majority of CIO mentions -- industry magazines, blogs by them and about them -- are about government CIOs. Is public-sector IT is a more collegial community that values exchanging knowledge and ideas with their colleagues? Coming from the private sector, what is your own perception of public-sector CIOs?

Go to top Post Reply